Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And Now Announcing...

Some of the changes I said I'd do.

Blog design: check.

Portfolio: check.

Still working on that order form, but otherwise things are definitely coming along concerning the check list.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season- I thought I would post a few noteworthy things today that I find I am especially thankful for.

  1. This blog.

    In essence, this blog has been my sanity. It has taken me up and down, and given me a real project that I can sink my teeth into. With it, I am experimenting with SEO tips and tricks, and experimenting to see what works and what does not work. It is the fruit of my labor, and while it may only be a small voice in the large realm of the Internet, I hope that it is one that is worth something to someone.


  2. The clients who made this happen.

    While my work with BDI has taken up much of my time as of late, I would like to thank the people who have asked me to do sites for them. I have had some great freelance clients, many of which return for their half-price site redesign (and sometimes, the occasional free redesign I give under certain circumstances). I put a great amount of thought and research into each design, and with a little bit of care, something that surpasses the expectations of the client always seems to come out. :)


  3. The directories.

    When it comes to SEO, one of the most important things is link building. As a web designer, this can be difficult to do, unless you are listed in a few directories. I would like to extend a note of applause to web designer directories which connect clients to web designers, and especially ones which do it for a minimal fee.


  4. GNU and Open Source

    I love NeoOffice and everything Open Source, as I feel that this is a field which allows us to advance and develop technology further and in ways that it may not have been allowed to go.


  5. iTunes

    Music keeps me sane among a world filled with insanity. BT is a current favorite in this area.




There are countless other things... But these are a few that are especially hitting me at the moment.

No comments: